What to Expect
Saturday, October 21st
The workshop will contain a combination of guided embodied exercises and informal conversations that build bridges between “inner” meditative/spiritual practice and “outer” social action based on our model, CourageRISE. Read more.
We will pay particular attention to the tensions between “me” and “we”, personal and collective liberation, being and doing, and “center” and “margins”.
Together, we will explore practices that can help us:
- resource and access a greater capacity for care that can help us not only sustain in the work, but extend more grace and deep seeing to others;
- recognize features our embodied conditioning or shaping, and learn how to develop intra- and inter-personal practices to access more freedom;
- explore practices for rest and recognize how resistances to rest or “being” are often shaped by oppressive social structures—like capitalism—themselves;
- strengthen our complexity capacity and ability to embrace a both/and mindset rather than an either/or mindset;
- transform our awareness from being solely rooted in ‘what is important to me’ to having a felt sense of interconnectedness and the common good.
The workshop will include guided contemplative and somatic practice, reflection and small group discussion. Participants will gain access to resources on our Mighty Networks community platform.